Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Micah 6:6-8 (New International Version)

6 With what shall I come before the LORD
and bow down before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?

7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

been having many spiritual attacks in my dreams the past few days. happens quite often, where in my dream, i see myself in the battle as one of the party, and i will start praying in tongues ferociously and also casting out demons ferociously in the name of jesus. of course at the end, the winner no doubt is always jesus. these kind of dreams still make me jump up from my sleep and makes me sweat cold sweat.

what this passage speaks to me about is, verse 8 in particular. it gives the assurance that i dont need to give god material stuff in large quantities just to win over the heart of god. but what matters to god the most, which is also the most important thing is to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with god. all three things, which sounds simple but yet maybe not so easy when we do it. but god's grace is sufficient for all of us.

god's instructions are straight forward.. and many times he doesnt give the full picture of what is going to happen, only pieces and parts to different people. but at the end, when we realise the wonders of god and when we see the full picture of what we had to go through, its all worth it because its beautiful.

No comments: