Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Doctor's

I used to be very afraid of the doctors. The antibiotics, the blue surgical gloves. Phobia started with frequent visits to the dentist due to braces. Having to walk up the stairs to a indoor balcony like second floor overlooking the waiting crowd down at ground floor was a nightmare. Not to mention sitting on the red banquet chair arranged 3 by 3 outside the orthodontics clinic. My heart used to pound so hard against my ribcage till i could hear them in my ears. 

As i went off to study, seeing the doctors was a luxury. Often sickness could be self diagnosed, with self prescribed medication. I have to thank my mom for that. But ever since i started working, seeing the doctors is still a luxury, as i get to flash an orange card, and all is paid for. 

This friday's appointmentS is going to be different. First, it'll determine if sclerosis is getting worst and needs further medical attention, ie surgery. Then there is the dermatologist. I dont want to go on hormon pills.

No comments: