Monday, June 07, 2010

counting money

To one he gave 5 talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent. Each to his own ability. Those that had put their talents to work, gained one fold more.

The servant that didnt do anything with his talent, got it taken back and given away.

Where's mine? I like the background work. Maybe because the limelight reminds me of childhood phobias. But is there a possibility of doing the behind the scene work that doesnt pay?

I remember myself as a kid who put hardworking into practice to help push myself. God's blessings has been wonderful. But i was never the kid who could sit at the piano and miraculously play a tune. I was the kid who had to sit for 3 whole hours a day practicing just to get that distinction cert.

I was never the kid who could stand up, talk and do a presentation, impressing the crowd. No, i was the kid who shivers when i stand and talk to public, taking the tables and chairs as props to hide the wobbly legs.

Now i realise, i am not the kid who can come out with business strategies that will work, have PR skills so good that buys in to every sales person. I am the one sitting at my desk, quiet and doing things that makes me feel more responsible that i should be.

Where and when is my turn to start counting?

I need strength to pull through each day. I like it, but im so drained out to step out from where i am. What i have in my hands each day makes me feel small and intimidated.


No comments: