Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Accident, he knocked me!

First time being knocked by a car, feels scary. Was at the traffic light waiting for it to turn green. A 2 lane road with a slope going down in front. All of a sudden, felt the car shake, and saw a wira squeezing his way through in between the 2 lane of cars that was already waiting. Mine was the last of the queue, so i got hit first, then the car on my right. i felt the car bumped into me 3 times, and saw my right mirror flipped backward the other way round. Oh no, its not going to look good. and i have a small, light car. As the wira squeezed through more, it hit both cars in front of me, directly and diagonally in front.

As the traffic light was still red, i called dad. sos, should i go down? Panicked. What if it was some drunk fellow running away from the police? saw the rest going down, i made a quick inspection. Not too bad, just some light scratches on the paint above my right tire. Other than that, nothing major.

The wira driver called for all 4 cars to turn into a petrol station to discuss. Mr Wira came down and inspected my car too. i didnt dare to go down, kept my engine on in case i needed to speed away. He was actually quite nice. told me, there are a few light scratches, points to the scar. but nothing else. i told him, its ok la. a few scratches, nothing serious.

Drove off. what an experience. Lessons learnt
1. when knocked, take a photo of the car's number plate
2. if possible, take a photo of the driver
3. never inspect a car on the road, in case car from back knocks me
4. if nothing else, no need to negotiate
5. be nice, dont honk unnecessarily. if needed, honk lightly twice, not one long loud honk

2 comments:

Kim Ong said...

So sorry this happened, more importantly you're safe! You're right abt the steps to be taken next time. Good to take photo but I think you did well when you kept engine running. Took down his telephone number? He should pay for your scratches.

kimong.com

natz said...

What a horrible mean driver!!
Glad you're ok.