Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 5 : post scoliosis operation

Finished the prescript multivitamins. Urgh, what a victorious feeling. Took a lot of prayers and determination to use my fingers to cover my nose tightly and swallow down the mixture of melted pills with water.

First round of period cramps after operation was painful. Jokingly mentioned that cramps are more painful than the operation itself. I had morphine to help cope with pain after operation, compared to tiger balm to sooth cramps now. Had some difficulty curling up into a ball to warm up tummy, only can stand, sit or lie straight from now onwards.

Suggested to parents to let me sleep upstairs but was rejected. Not ready to climb the flight of stairs yet.

Face still looks pale once in a while.

Able to sit longer now, about 1 hour each time. Brother shifted my computer downstairs for me to use :) How sweet.

Wanted to go out for dinner so badly. A change of air would be good for me, so i thought. Took a shower all on my own, wore long pants to prevent getting a cold and got into the car. Journey to restaurant takes about 30 mins as dad was extra careful to go slowly especially on the uneven roads.

Just before reaching the restaurant, i felt exhausted. Body felt like all energy was drained out and i was falling asleep. Everyone got concerned even more when the restaurant was rather crowded. It could take another hour sitting in the restaurant waiting for food before another 30 mins journey back home. We ended up packing nasi lemak to be eaten at home.

Not ready for long rides out yet, but i had my first nasi lemak after operation! i love malaysia. Still restricted from eating groundnuts and chicken.

No comments: