Monday, May 11, 2009

Grace

IF there was one word to describe graduating, it would be grace.

The grace that provided me with a place to study in UTAR, after getting rejected from matrix after spm, teachers training college and university of sydney (family couldnt afford 4 years of expenses in Australia).

The grace that provided me with just enough to get a scholarship for 4 whole years – 1 year foundation and 3 years degree

The grace that saw me through the first 2 months of solitude in college, walking for classes alone, eating alone, studying alone, just because i didnt have any friends and was having a huge culture shock

The grace that brought me out of depression when i was in college as the aftermath of him breaking his promise.

The grace that brought good Christian friends during college who took the extra initiative to ask me out for meals and for fellowship sessions despite the being the quiet person and full of reluctance to join in.

The grace that gave me the courage to open up slowly to a few closer girl friends i made in college.

The grace that sustained my results in college.

The grace that brought me through Shawn’s passing and helped me pick myself up again.

The grace of god that provided me a place to stay in Sg Long despite having to randomly ring on doorbells.

The grace of god that again brought me through exams by exams even though sometimes i was sick, tired, sleepless and panicking like there’s no tomorrow.

The grace of god that gave me the opportunity to explore leadership in various areas. i didnt know that i could have been so influential and impactful, hopefully in a good manner.

The grace of god that provided a way out of all the confrontations happening in the previous place with ex housemates. the level of violence and discrepancy was high but i know we were protected somehow, even with threats of using the hammer to break open the house padlocks, a few police reports made and having so many wires inside a few power points cut off.

The grace of god that taught me how to be still, have a seat, relax and learn once more of the meaning of love. which i still am learning till today. what i thought i knew, what i thought i was practicing, had reach a plateau and was slowly going downhill. it was time to recharge, realign, relearn. and i was given the chance by god and by people around me. a sincere thank you.

The grace of god that placed me in a wonderful family which i know is the best place i can ever be. the closeness, the warmth, the sharing sessions, the daily phone calls. all of these has been a daily encourage to me knowing that they care. and they are praying for me. and they love me.

Kern

 

The grace of god that brought dihhaw to me. This same grace that answered my prayers of a life partner ever since secondary school. All criterias, all dreams were met. The accumulated prayers of criterias i wanted was all met perfectly. What more can i ask?

Image021

There has just been so much of grace in my life and i thank god for each of them, even for those that have slipped past my memories but i know the hand of god was evident. and i have the assurance that the grace of god will carry me through life because god loves me. =)

3 comments:

autumnrazkal said...

:) congratulations on graduating my dear... all the best with your future undertakings... take care and God bless *hugs* missing you heaps!

siaomeen said...

thanks rae! missing you tons too!

Flo said...

Hey there.. Congrats on your graduation! I still have so many more years to go till mine.

Oh, and I just realized you linked me. Wah! *flattered*

Thank God for His grace indeed. :)